Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hello, everyone :) I hope you had a great day today.....I hope that you had a personal victory today :) For me, I had several :) I DIDN'T eat the potato oles that I bought for my kids to have with their chicken at dinner :) and....I DIDN'T eat the sample of Chinese at the mall that my son didn't want to try....I threw it away :) Just so you know....that was REALLY HARD.....I really don't like to throw food away, it seems so wasteful, but I have to change my mindset, I have to acknowledge that it is even more wasteful to throw my life and my health away instead of just tossing the unneeded food :) Also, I went to the store and got some more fruits and veggies today, got some pineapple, and it made the "shakes" almost edible (still don't like the texture) but the flavor was pretty good :) Also, I know they say your not suppose to weigh everyday, but since it is not going to discourage me or make me quit, I decided to weigh anyway, and it was 275.8.....that's right almost 5 lbs down from yesterday :) I am certainly headed in the right direction :) So, while I was at the store today, I don't know what got into me, but I decided to buy some beets....this is a new veggie for me, definitely out of my comfort zone....I also got Asparagus, and Zucchini (guess I was looking for hard to spell foods...ha ha) Anyway, prepared the Asparagus a new way tonight that I have never had....you put them on a cookie sheet with a little olive oil and a little salt and then you put it under the broiler for 4-5 minutes and then turn it over and broil for another 3-4 minutes....it was REALLY GOOD!!!! I am actually very satisfied from dinner and I ate over 2 hours ago, I had a small sweet potato, and I can't have butter, but I can have Coconut Oil (It kind of looks like shortening, but it has a low melting point like butter) the container said it can be spread on toast instead of butter, so I tried a little in my sweet potato, and it was VERY good.....the flavors went well together, and I think it will be one of my regular veggies :) So, just to catch you up, for dinner I had about a pound of Asparagus and a small sweet potato and washed it all down with a "shake" made with pineapple and strawberries.....This is one happy girl :) And for the record, I haven't had ANYTHING that is not allowed on my cleanse for the first 2 days, I know I still have 19 days to go on my Purification Program, but I am off to a good start :) I really am so grateful for  all the support and encouragement I have gotten.....I would love to return the favor and be a support and encouragement to each of you, too :) I want to encourage you to make one healthy change not just for a day, but to make a commitment to make a permanent change.....examples would be to quit drinking pop, quit smoking, eat more veggies, or cut out extra sugars.....just think about your life, and think about the things that are keeping you from better health....you don't have to change it all at the same time....just make one change and stick with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment