Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It is official.....I have made it through half the week!!! I know it doesn't sound like much, but each day gets a little easier, and today was a good day :) I went to my 2 hours of water aerobics, and I also got 2 laps of swimming in (I know 2 laps doesn't sound like a lot, but to me it is) I am also going to attempt to do 20 jumping jacks, 20 lunges, and 20 sit ups before I go to bed tonight....(again, I know that sounds like it would be so easy).....Bob on the Biggest Loser says that if you do 5 sets of each every day, that you will certainly lose weight....so I am going to try to do one set, and then when that gets easier, I will push myself to do 2....and go from there till I reach 5, and then maybe I will even go past that, and start doing 5 sets more than once a day....I really believe that for me it is about making small, reachable goals....I am certainly NOT going to try to do 5 sets of 20 of each of those things (by the way, that is 100 jumping jacks, lunges and push ups) Not gonna happen.....YET.....I will just do what I can and continue to take small steps.....
     On to food :) The shakes are getting better, or I am just figuring out how to make them taste better with different fruits, but they are STILL not something I would crave...ha ha....Also, remember the beets that I mentioned yesterday......well.....I tried them today....and......honestly, they weren't bad *shrug* pretty messy though....my fingers were pink for half a day.....I cooked them the same way I cooked the asparagus, drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and broil for 5 minutes or so, on each side.....then I got to thinking that beets are kinda like potatoes or carrots, and that might not be enough to cook them, so I put the oven on 350 and cooked them till they were tender.....and I have to say, they certainly AREN'T french fries, but not horrible (I know, right....such a glowing review makes you want to go right out and by some)  I still have 2 more beets that came in the bunch....haven't figured out whether I will try something new or roast them again....I know most people don't really like to eat veggies, and most of my friends will only eat corn, and maybe green beans.....it is really sad, cause veggies are really good, and they really do most of the cancer fighting for your body....I think you can roast most of the more common veggies, and roasting is a great way to pull out some of the sweetness in the veggie....anyway, think about it :) Before I sign off for the night, I want to make a small little comment about NOT going fat free when dieting, I know there is a lot of confusing information about this, but often times fat-free stuff is higher in sugar and carbs....also, your body NEEDS fat to function properly, but there are good fats and bad fats....saturated is BAD, these fats are found in animal products (meat, dairy, you get the idea) but there are good oils that actually help your cholesterol, blood pressure, digestion.....to sum it up, your body needs fats to do its job....AND....fat does not turn into fat in your body.....carbs and sugars are converted into fat, so if your eating the whole bag of marshmallows cause it says fat-free your gonna be surprised when you don't see a positive change on the scale.....GOOD FATS: Just to name a few are Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Flaxseed Oil, and Grape Seed Oil.....it is easy to make the change from your usual oil to one that will actually benefit your health, I pretty much use Olive Oil for everything, but I learned the hard way, to not use the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in cakes or even pancakes, they kinda tasted like olives...ha ha....well, I probably won't be making cakes much anymore, so I will pass that info on to you guys :) So, remember to keep the good fat in your diet and give veggies a try.....and even though you don't know my friend Lloyd, this veggie promotion is for him, too :) Your mom was right when she said, "Eat your veggies".....I even try to get my kids to eat veggies, but I have noticed that since I have been eating ONLY veggies, they are more interested in trying them, and have even found some new favorites....lead by example, and explore a new veggie that you haven't tried :)
I know this is a really long post, but since I only post once a day in the evening, I want to make sure I get everything on here....so to sum up, I ate new veggies, like the shakes a little more, did more exercise...AND....I didn't cheat AT ALL TODAY!!!! :) Not even a little nibble :) Have a wonderful evening, and I hope you have a great Thursday tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment