Thursday, June 7, 2012

I know, I know.....I have become a real slacker with these posts.....I just don't want to post about nothing, so I try to think of something everyday to talk about, but then mostly I have been thinking about being pregnant, and that really doesn't apply to very many of you.....so, I worked on laundry today, and would you believe that if you fold clothes standing up and walk to the dresser for each piece of clothing that you can accomplish your goals for calorie burn and physical activity??? It is true.....I recommend wearing tennis shoes, cause my feet were hurting, but yeah....for years I have honed my skills to be as efficient with my energy as possible, I have always joked that it is not being lazy, it is being efficient...ha ha...but the truth is, if your making 20 trips when one would have worked, your certainly burning calories, so I say down with getting things down as quick as possible, and more time/energy consuming ways should be adopted...ha ha....Same with unloading the dishwasher, if you do it one item at a time, you get a better workout....and what about the stuff that goes in the lower cabinet, maybe instead up just bending to drop it where it goes, you could do a lunge of a squat.....I admit, you will probably get comments from your spouse if your doing a lunge to put away the cookie sheet, but it would be an easy way to add more exercise to your day :)   Oh, yeah, I almost forgot to tell you that I bought Nori (seaweed) yesterday and crumbled some into my salad today.....it wasn't bad....it added a unique flavor to my salad, kinda fishy, but not in a fish tank sort of way....I think I am going to try it added to tuna salad, or salmon patties :) I have been choking down the Wheat grass for 3 days now, and I have to tell you, it is not getting any easier....but I am really stubborn about not wasting what I have spent money on, so I am gonna keep trying something new everyday until I find the best way to drink it.....I don't intend to give up.....I know my goals have changed slightly, I am not on a mission to lose 3 lbs a week anymore, but I am still devoted to having a healthier life, and making healthy changes....I will probably lose weight any way, cause I am eating right, but it will not be from me trying :) I have never really gained anything during my pregs, and have had 3 babies within a normal healthy weight range :) Also, I have heard stories from plenty of friends about how they had gained well over 50 lbs during their pregs....that is just not healthy.....Many people find pregnancy some sort of license to eat anything and everything your heart desires, but the truth is, your not doing yourself any favors, even when preg a little bit of self denial goes a long way.....I am feeling great, no morning sickness, and I haven't been overeating to keep it at bay....in fact, I really didn't feel much like eating today at all, but that may be because I started taking Metformin at night to help lower my fasting blood sugars, they are not super high, just higher than they would like....I have only been checking my fasting and some of my after meal sugars, but I think starting tomorrow I will check them all, so that I have a realistic view of how they are doing :) Anyway, drinking lots of water, and eating right....that is my daily goal for the next 9 months :) Have a good evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment