Saturday, May 5, 2012

Alright, I know I am posting late, AND my goal was to get to be before midnight, but I am kinda pushing it, cause it is midnight right now...ha ha....Well, I will go to bed as soon as I am done with my blog :) I have had a good day, and I have been very busy, but I got my workout in this morning, and I did 45 minutes of heart healthy activity, and about 1 1/2 hours of exercise, I walked over 6 miles today, that seems to be my average on the days I work out at the gym....I know I need to get my diet figured out better, I haven't seen any weight loss this week, but like I said almost a week ago, I don't really expect to see any loss this week, however, I haven't gained anything, so that is a step in the right direction, also, I am going to start making a list of one or two things each week I am going to actively work on.....it is much easier to start and maintain one or two new habits at a time, rather than trying to change everything all at once :) So, for this week I have 2 goals, the first is to get to bed when the time still starts with a double digit number, so any where from 10 to midnight (for those of you who aren't mathletes)....My second goal is to drink more water.....I made a new facebook friend, my uncle Cliff (my hubby's uncle, but I guess I can call him uncle, too), he has made some fantastic health improvements in his own life, and he has been more than happy to help me with some excellent tips and advice, and the first 2 things that really stuck out to me is more water, and more sleep!!!! So, that is my weekly goal :) I will let you know the score throughout the week....knowing I have to answer to you guys, really keeps me thinking about the changes I am trying to make.....NOW that I have 2 goals for the week, I need to come up with a strategy for how to accomplish them :) As far as water, I am going to try several things, and see what gives me the best results....first of all, I am going to put the bottles of water that I need to drink for the day on a separate shelf from the rest of the water, that way I will know at a glance how I am doing, also, I am going to try to drink a bottle of water before each meal, or during......or maybe after....something like that, and also, try to drink a bottle of water before I drink a cup of coffee.....so, we will see how these tricks work :)  As far as sleep, well, I have been typing this blog for the last 10 minutes, and now I am past my goal already on my first night...ha ha....Well, maybe I won't count tonight, but for the rest of the week, I think I will set an alarm on my phone for 10:30, and that will be my signal me to start my bedtime routine, which I think will include Melatonin, so that by the time I am done with getting my house and myself ready for bed, I will hopefully be sleepy enough to get to bed, I will also set the timer on my TV for 30 minutes, that way, if I take 30 minutes to get ready for bed, then I will be asleep less than 30 minutes after that (I am always asleep by the time the TV turns off), that would mean I will be asleep before 11:30, if this plan works out well, then I will try to bump up my time to start my bedtime routine to 10, and then I would be asleep before 11.....This is a GREAT example of exactly what I have been talking about, you have to have a plan, and sometimes you have to reach your goal in steps, it doesn't matter how many steps you take to get to your goal, it is that your moving forward....how is your motivation these days???  What are your goals for the week to come???? Hope you have a great weekend.....Please pray for me, I am speaking at the Mother/Daughter Tea tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment