Friday, May 11, 2012

I am taking a break from decorating and getting ready for Caroline's 5th birthday party to tell you all about HOW SORE AND TIRED AND SORE I am!!!! Today, hubby decided to get something for me, cause he thought it would be really motivating to get active on the days I can't get to the gym....he got me an Xbox 360 with the Kinnect.....I "played" on it for well over an hour, and the kids were loving it, I got the fitness one, and the console came with an adventure game that you have to hit, and jump and kick and all sorts of stuff.....my legs hurt, my back hurts, my hips and arms hurt, and I know it will get worse cause I haven't really stopped moving, yet....but here is the good news....I have burned almost 1,500 calories for the day, and I had heart healthy activity for 78 minutes, more than an hour of that occurred while I was "playing" for about and hour and a half...so most of the time, I was actually burning calories and having fun.....I am sure that I am gonna be one sore girl tomorrow, but I feel like while I was exercising, I just wanted to keep doing it.....there is a down side....the fitness game, called Your Shape, is more than just a name, there is an actual person on the screen that has "your shape" a little disconcerting, cause even though I don't beat myself up about how I am shaped, it still isn't easy to be in denial when your staring at your virtual self...ha ha....Well, I am very happily enjoying the very same diet that I hated when I started it back almost 2 months ago.....I know that maybe none of you have tried to do a proper cleanse and have ACTUALLY stuck to it for more than a couple days, but I can tell you from experience, that if you stick to it like glue, one day at a time, and stay on it for 3 weeks, even if you are determined to go back to your unhealthy lifestyle, the healthy diet will stay with you, I was doing low carb, and there is a lot less veggies in low carb, and I was really missing them, I started dreading meal time cause I couldn't think of what to eat, cause what I REALLY wanted was veggies, LOTS of veggies :) We are having the normal cook-out food tomorrow, burgers and hot dogs (just for you, Sam) ;) , but I have started a new tradition, it has been going on for over a year now, when we have get togethers, I like to have a veggie tray, something fresh and healthy, so that people who want to make good choices for their body are able to do so :)  Well, I am going to have to get back to work, I still have presents to wrap :) She is gonna be so EXCITED to see her Strawberry Shortcake stuff :) Have a great night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment