Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Alright, I have targeted a new issue in my life that I really NEED to get under control......I need to get more sleep at night.....HA HA.....any of you that know me, know that I am a HORRIBLE night owl, I always have been, and most of the time I wake up ready to take on my day....HOWEVER.....it has been proven that if you give your body more rest at night then your more successful in your weight loss goals :) So, this is an area that I am always cheating.....I KNOW my body needs more sleep than I give myself...also, I know I should drink MORE water, too....So, I think that I am like most people, I started by focusing on the "general" things that you should cut out of your diet, but so many times, we forget about adding in good things, too....I think this kind of ties in with yesterday's blog....it is NOT about focusing on the bad, and negative, it is MORE about dwelling on the positive and productive things in our lives, life is not just a list of DO NOTS......it is about making our lives better, and that is not done by focusing on the negatives in life.....it is just as much of a conscious decision as choosing the right foods....We live in a world that dwells on the negatives, and sadness of life, but we don't have to be a slave to those thoughts, and THAT life.....I CHOOSE to focus on the good and positive....try it for just one day, and see what a difference it makes.....It can CHANGE your life!!!! 

So, I went to the gym this morning, and had a mostly active day, in spite of  doing sewing today, and I managed to get my heart rate up for 69 minutes, and I burned over 1,000 calories, and walked 13,500 steps or a little over 6 miles :) I also have only had 1100 calories today, and that means that I burned about double what I ate today....I really am not THAT person, I have never been known for my willpower, or sticking with something, so I am REALLY very surprised by my accomplishments, I am proof that any one can do anything if they just get in the right mindset, I feel that my cleanse was a great opportunity for me to really start looking at what kind of habits I have been forming, and how much healthier I feel living life with NEW habits :) I encourage you to start new habits, if you haven't already, and if you have made new choices, please post a comment and let me know how your new choices are going.....I know it would be an encouragement to me, and I am sure to all the other readers, too :) You can always do it anonymously if you would rather know one know who you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment