Sunday, April 8, 2012


Today, marks the end of week 2 of my 3 week cleanse.....YAY!!! Two-thirds of the way done.....this may be the longest I have ever stuck with a diet without cheating.....thanks for your support.....it is truly a daily struggle, now that Easter is here, my kids came home from church loaded up with candy, and not just cheap kid candy, I mean the GOOD STUFF, like chocolate things, and miniature candy bar stuff.....I haven't eaten any, but every time I go in the kitchen I think about that bag of candy.....some people would say, just throw it out or let the kids eat it all and be done with it, but that really doesn't solve my will power problems......No, I will not get rid of their candy, and I am not going to make any promises about not eating ONE piece after I am done with my cleanse, but I intend to see this cleanse through to the end, I am going to stick with it :) I am fairly certain that I am going to find candy to be too sweet and not very enjoyable when I try it, but still, I feel that enjoying a little bite of chocolate is not bad, it is learning to have the will power to stop at just one....that will be part of my new challenges in the future, but for today......I have lost 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks, and I have lost 1 1/2" in my waist, hips and thighs......If I keep sticking to my goals, then I will be reaching my overall goals for a slimmer, healthier me :)  I am so grateful for all the support that I have gotten from my readers.....I saw a friend at church today, and she told me that she had been inspired to do a 3 day cleanse, I encouraged her to try to do 7 days....since I haven't really talked about it, I will tell you what I told her, and I will also add one piece of info that I forgot to tell her.....
  • Make sure you have lots of fresh or frozen fruits and veggies on hand (no corn, peas, or potatoes or other starchy veggies)
  • Do not cut out oils, just use healthy ones, like Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Flaxseed Oil, or Grapeseed Oil (These can be added to veggies, or you can put a Tablespoon of Flaxseed Oil in your smoothies, it adds a nutty flavor and the oil will help you feel satisfied for longer)
  • Drink LOTS of water!!!!!!! (at least eight 8 oz glasses, but more than that if you can)
  • Cut out all other drinks, other than brewed green tea....no coffee, pop, or alcohol
  • It is easier to start a cleanse if you cut out some of the no no's before you start, maybe a few days before you start, cut out your coffee or cut back to half as much as you usually drink, if you eat lots of sugary things, try cutting back as much as possible the week before, this will make the transition into a cleanse a little easier, cause it won't be as hard on your body :)
  • Take fish oil 2000mg a day, and make sure your taking a multi-vitamin and fiber :) 
Now, I want to be clear that I am NOT a health care professional, and this is only my advice based on my own research, I encourage you to speak to a chiropractor, or possibly your doctor before starting a cleanse, but the point is to go back to the basics and not feed yourself a bunch of chemicals or sugars, or things that are hard to digest like dairy or meat.....it is not a lifestyle as much as a reboot......I hope this has helped point you in the right direction :) 

I have learned something very valuable in the last two weeks, I have learned that it is ok to feel hungry.....there have been many times that I have felt like I wanted to eat something, but I knew I didn't need it, so I just lived with feeling hungry....I am certainly not going to waste away, and often times that feeling of hunger is just your bodies way of asking for more water, or it is a little rebellion, you body knows that if you think your hungry, you will give in and give your body the sugars and unhealthy foods that it is craving.....sometimes our body can be very tricky like that......Anyway, I hope you all had a very blessed Easter, and that your focus was on the Reason for this Day.....the undying love of our Beloved Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment