Monday, April 2, 2012

It is official, I am over a week into my cleanse......I have more energy, I am not feeling sluggish and tired all the time, and even though Josh and I just talked today about how each of us is feeling (he has been a VERY supportive husband and adopted many of my new eating habits) he said that he is not tired all the time, and feeling better.....I encouraged him to have some chinese last night cause I know how much he likes it, and he told me this morning, that he was kind of saddened by the fact that he didn't enjoy his General TSO as much as he usually does, he said it just seemed heavy and unpleasant.....Josh is NOT doing the cleanse, he is just eating more veggies and has had less meat, but he is still eating meat, he is drinking coffee with coffeemate creamer in it, and he has even had some fried chicken and a cheeseburger this week, so he hasn't been nearly as strict as I have been, and he is feeling a lot of the same effects :) This is a perfect example of how even making small changes can make a big difference.....I was looking in my little purification program guide, and remembered that I can have lentils, so I am going to eat some of those with my veggies tonight (we will see how that goes....I am not a fan of lentils)....Also, I don't know if any of you watched the link that I posted about sugar, on facebook, it is about 14 minutes long, but VERY compelling.....I know there is a myth about eating a low fat meal, and that will help you lose weight and live longer, but a lot of fat-free stuff has added sugar to make it taste, well....better, turns out that has only increased our problems with heart disease and many other health related problems.....they are finding a significant link between sugar and lots of bad stuff, and that calories FROM sugar seem to carry more weight (pardon the pun) than other calories do.....I guess they are not just empty calories, they are toxic, poisonous calories.....anyway, I have been on the lower-your-sugar band wagon for some time, but this only strengthens my resolve.....I encourage you to look on the labels on some of your kitchen staples, like spaghetti sauce, or ketchup and see how many sugar grams are in them, and most of them are from added sugar....there is added sugar in so many things, it would be difficult to eliminate all of it, but I can certainly eliminate a lot of it just by making conscious choices.....I haven't had ANY added sugar in over a week, and my fasting blood sugar level has gone down by over 50 pts :) Any way, watch the video if you haven't already, it was very informative :) I know it is almost 9 at night, but I am going to go eat my veggies :)  Have a wonderful evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment