Friday, April 6, 2012

Alright, I know it is past midnight, so technically I didn't write a post on the 5th, but I am still awake, so to me it is still the same day :) I am late getting my blog in, because a very dear friend came to visit me this evening, and we spent several hours catching up.....so, I really don't feel bad at all about not getting to my blog until just now.... :) Which brings me to my thoughts for the day, do I stress out over things that really aren't a big deal, do I put unnecessary pressure on myself??? I think that we are all guilty of that from time to time, but honestly in the grand scheme of things, most of the things we stress over are really not that big of a deal :) When we went through 2 1/2 months of living our lives with a sick baby that needed so much attention, and time.....I had to prioritize my life, and I had to eliminate many ideas and notions that were no longer a possibility....One thing that my sweet Kyndall taught me during her short life is exactly that.....life IS short, even if you live to be 100, you will still think life is short, think about the things that clutter your thoughts, and keep you from living life to the fullest, how many things are weighing you down, and affecting your overall health???  I have been going through a de-cluttering process in my life for the last 8 months or so, and I have a healthier outlook on what REALLY is a need, and what is just being neurotic.......I don't know about you, but I really do tend to get uptight about little things that don't seem to be important, but in my mind they seem to be SO important, but then I look back and realize that I stressed myself out over something that won't matter in a month, or even a day :)

So, I have been on this cleanse for 11 days today, and I have lost 8 lbs :) Also, I got to start eating meat today, and I had a piece of cod for lunch and asparagus, and a half a sweet potato, then for dinner I had a piece of Salmon, and 1/2 cup of brown rice, and a zucchini....both meals were delish!!!! I really am going to try to do more shopping at the farmers market this year, and we are growing beets in the garden box that my friend gave me, and Josh wants to grow some cantaloupe, and some zucchini....we don't have big garden dreams :) I am looking forward to a wonderful weekend where we can focus on the wonderful sacrifice that Christ did for us, hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and remember when your having family get togethers this weekend, that you can eat right even during special occasions, it just requires a little bit of planning ahead, and A LOT of self-control :)

No comments:

Post a Comment